Employment: Graduate Nurse Program
Graduate Nurse Program
Applications for the Graduate Nurse Program can be lodged between May to July. Refer to Application process computermatching.pmcv.com.au.
Mildura Base offers more flexibility, more choices and more opportunities to kick start your nursing career. As a unique privately owned public hospital we have the best of both worlds.
Mildura Base Hospital is also closely linked with Ramsay Health Care's program. For more information www.gradplus.com.au
The Graduate Nurse Program is designed to provide a supportive work environment which will allow opportunities to consolidate both theoretical and clinical skills.
We offer a 52 week fulltime graduate nurse program, comprising of:
- Two week orientation program, plus six additional paid study days
- Three clinical rotations
- Supernumerary time provided at the commencement of each rotation
- 6 weeks annual leave plus a paid ADO per month for full time participants
- Minimal night duty
- Clinical support nurses
- Personal email account
- Access to library and skills lab
- Excellent employment opportunities upon successful completion.
**Part time Graduate Nurse Program positions may be negotiated with the graduate coordinator min 4 days/per week.
Rotations offered including the following specialities:
- Adult medical
- Adult surgical/ Paediatrics
- Day Surgery/ Recovery/ Theatre
- Aged Care/ Rehab/ Palliative care
- ICU/ CCU/ HDU – combined unit
- Mental Health
Mildura Base Hospital utilizes the Victorian Computer Matching service for applications. Information about Computer Match and the application process can be found at www.computermatching.pmcv.com.au.
Information required with your application
A letter of application outlining your reasons for choosing Mildura Base Hospital (maximum of one page).
Attach one (1) passport photograph ( for identification purpose)
Curriculum vitae, including 2 professional clinical referees eg. Preceptors/Educators with whom we can discuss your nursing skills and 1 past employer may be non nursing.
- Certified copies of the following documents:
- Transcript of academic results
- All third year clinical reports & 2nd year clinical evaluations from acute medical/surgical placements. (excluding psychiatric and maternal care placements)
Address applications to:
Principal Nurse Educator
Mildura Base Hospital
PO Box 620
MILDURA VIC 3502
Need more information?
Contact: Jayne Lamb
Ph: (03) 5022 3320
Fax: (03) 5022 3324