Telehealth appointments are now being offered in some Mildura Base Hospital Outpatient Clinics. This means you could attend your next appointment via internet video call.
A telehealth consultation is as convenient as a phone call, with the added value of face-to-face communication.
You can see, hear, and speak with your Mildura Base Hospital / Ramsay Specialist Clinic Specialist, almost as though you were there in person:
- Talk to your Mildura Base Hospital Care Provider to see if telehealth is going to be right for you.
- You can use telehealth on any laptop, desktop computer, tablet, or smartphone (e.g. ipad or iphone)
- It saves you travel time and expense by bringing your care to you
This Telehealth Service is for scheduled appointments ONLY.
In the case of an emergency, please call 000
How telehealth works
A telehealth appointment is just like any other outpatient appointment at Mildura Base Hospital / Ramsay Specialist Clinic except you will be speaking to your specialist on a screen, rather than face-to-face.
Telehealth appointments are as private as face-to-face appointments, with both you and the specialist speaking in a private, secure virtual consultation room.
Attending a telehealth appointment
If your clinician books you in for a telehealth appointment:
- You will receive a letter confirming the time and date of your telehealth appointment
- Make a test call to check whether your equipment (such as web-camera and speakers) and internet speed are working correctly. We recommend you complete this test well in advance of your actual appointment
- On the day of your appointment, follow the instructions on your appointment letter
- Start a telehealth call approximately 10 minutes before your appointment and wait for your clinician to join the call.