Residential in Reach Program (RIR)
Description of Service
The RIR program is a free service that has been developed to provide alternative options for transfer of residents to the Emergency Department, if safe and supported care can be provided in the Residential Aged Care Facility. The aim of the service is to:
- Prevent hospital presentations
- Facilitate optimum health outcomes for residents living in Residential Aged Care Facilities
- Assist residents to remain in their own home by improving access to healthcare services and provide clinical support to facility staff, when requested
- This service does not replace the role of the General Practitioner
Type of services
Services RIR can offer:
- Initial needs assessment and treatment plan development
- General clinical advice and support
- Change or troubleshoot urinary catheters
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastronomy (PEG) tube management
- Wound consultation, assessment and management
- Palliative care support
- Advance care planning support and education
- Support, advice and education to staff following discharge from the acute care setting
Location of service
The RIR service is based in Mildura Base Hospital with staff attending the Residential Aged Care Facilities as required.
Any client within a Residential Aged Care Facility in the Sunraysia District
RIR accepts referrals from:
- General Practitioners
- Residential Aged Care Facilities
- Emergency Departments
- Ambulance Victoria
Residents, family members and/or cares are encouraged to access RIR through the Residential Aged Care facility.
Referrals can be made by phone or fax.
Hours of Service
Monday – Sunday
07.00 am – 15.30 pm
Phone: 03-5022 3258 or 0438539140
Fax: 03 5022 3207
An afterhour’s message service is also available.